Terms & Conditions
- This website is operated by Grosvenor Casinos Limited (a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00877080) with registered address Tor, St Cloud Way, Maidenhead SL6 8BN (“Grosvenor”). We are part of The Rank Group Plc group of companies (“Rank Group”) which operates gaming venues and digital gaming sites in Europe (including the Bella Casino, Enracha, Grosvenor Casino, Mecca Bingo and YoBingo brands).
- By using this website you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Grosvenor has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided on this website is accurate, however, this website is intended to provide general information only and is not to be relied upon for any particular purpose.
Bookings, Cancellations & Refunds
- All bookings and entry to Pier Nine is subject to our House Terms.
- We require the full booking cost to be paid when booking activities online, over the phone or when booking in venue.
- FOR CANCELLATIONS OR DECREASES IN YOUR PARTY SIZE, WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER A REFUND IF WE HAVE 24 HOURS (OR MORE) NOTICE. CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS WITH LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND.
- For full venue hire booking we require 2 weeks' (or more) notice for cancellation. Cancellations with less than two weeks' notice will not be eligible for a refund.
- We prefer you to call us by telephone if you need to cancel; cancellation requests left by voicemail cannot be guaranteed. Alternatively, please email your cancellation request at email@example.com, stating the name under which the booking was made, the booking reference, the activity booked, the booking date and time.
- Your booked time is the time from which you are charged. Please arrive 15 minutes before your booking time to make sure you get the full amount of time you have paid for. You can warm up with some drinks in our bar if you wish beforehand. Unfortunately, we will not be able to extend your booking time if you are late and you will be expected to leave your booked area at the end of your booked time. If you think you are going to late, please give us a call and let us know.
- We reserve the right to resell your booked area if you fail to show up within the first 30 minutes of your booked time and you will not be eligible for a refund.
- In the event of a private hire reservation where complimentary room hire has been offered, a deposit of £20 will be required for groups of 4-8 persons, and a £40 deposit for groups of 9 persons and above. This deposit is redeemable against drinks purchased up to the value of the deposit but the leftover balance, if any, will not be returned.
- Your booking will be charged at either the Peak Time* rate or the Off Peak Time** rate. Should there be a crossover with Peak Time* and Off Peak Time** you will be charged a combined rate (e.g. if the first hour of your booking is during Off Peak Time** and the second hour is during Peak Time* you will be charged the Off Peak Time** rate for the first hour and the Peak Time* rate for the second hour).
- Opening Times:
Pier Nine is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week however please note management reserves the right to close the venue prior to these times without warning. If the venue needs to shut and any paid for bookings are in place, we will contact the person identified on the booking to offer a full refund, or have their booking moved to an alternative date of their choice (subject to availability).
* Peak Time is 5pm to midnight
** Off Peak Time is midnight to 5pm
- E Darts:
Bookings will be allocated for 60 minutes per session. Our tables have been designed for our customers to eat, drink and play around the table with enough standing space for up to 8 people.
To book E-Darts the payment required is:
Peak Time* £25 per hour for groups of 2-8 people
Off Peak Time** £15 per hour for groups of 2-8
- Digi Pool:
Digipool tables will be allocated 60 minutes per session. Our tables have been designed for our customers to eat, drink and play around the table with enough standing space for up to 16 people.
To book Digi Pool the payment required is:
Peak Time* £25 per hour for groups of 2-16 people
Off Peak Time** £15 per hour for groups of 2-16
- The Den:
The Den can be booked for Karaoke for a group of 2-36 people. To book the Den for karaoke the payment required is:
Peak Time* £15 per person per hour for groups of 6-36 people
Off Peak Time** £10 per person per hour for groups of 2-36 people
Should your party size increase a per person per hour cost will be added.
- American Pool:
American Pool tables will be allocated 60 minutes per session. Our tables have been designed for our customers to eat, drink and play around the table with enough standing space for up to 10 people. To book American Pool the payment required is:
Peak Time* £10 per hour for groups of 2-10 people
Off peak Time** £8 per hour for groups of 2-10 people
Bookings will be allocated for 60 minutes per session. Our tables have been designed for our customers to eat, drink and play around the table with enough standing space for up to 8 people. To book Shuffleboard the payment required is:
Peak Time* £25 per hour for groups of 2-8
Off Peak Time** £15 for groups of 2-8
- The View:
You can also make a reservation in The View. If you would like to book for parties of 10 or more, please call us on 01273 326 514. We may require you to pay a deposit of £10 per person to secure your groups booking. This will be redeemed against the final bill. We also may need to pre-order your groups meals in advance to make sure the experience you have is the best for your booking. Final numbers and full payment for any pre-ordered food and beverage is required at least 24 hours prior to the booking. For any cancellations or decreases in your party size, we are able to offer a refund if we have 48 hours (or more) notice. Changes or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will not be eligible for a refund (although we apply that pre-payment to other items ordered on the night). The View Opening Times are:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Dining - 5pm to 10pm
Drinks - 10pm to 1am
Thursday - Sunday
Dining - Midday to 10.30pm
Drinks - 10.30pm to 3am
Ownership and General Conditions
1. Pier Nine is licensed by the Local Authority to provide gaming facilities. The licence is held by Grosvenor Casinos Limited, (“Grosvenor Casinos”). Grosvenor Casinos is licensed by the Gambling Commission to operate gaming facilities in Great Britain.
2. The purpose of Pier Nine is to provide gaming, entertainment and refreshment for customers, within the law.
3. Grosvenor Casinos is fully committed to upholding the objectives of the Gambling Act 2005, to keep gambling fair, honest and crime free and to protect the young and the vulnerable.
4. Subject to the overall control of Grosvenor Casinos, Pier Nine is under the control of the management appointed by Grosvenor Casinos, operating within these House Terms.
5. Grosvenor Casinos may, from time to time amend these House Terms. Any such amendments will be notified to customers by virtue of a notice displayed in Reception for a period of 14 days and by permanent display of the revised House Terms.
6. Any questions relating to the rights, powers or duties of Grosvenor Casinos under these House Terms shall be solely determined by Grosvenor Casinos.
7. A person in any way aggrieved by any decision made under these House Terms shall have no recourse and shall not make any claim on any grounds whatsoever.
Entry to Pier Nine
8. Entry to Pier Nine is confined to persons of at least 18 years of age. Grosvenor Casinos applies a “think 21” policy to comply with licensing requirements.
9. Customers may be asked to register their personal details and provide valid photo ID to prove their age and may be refused entry if they cannot provide such proof when requested.
10. Grosvenor Casinos, in accordance with these House Terms, reserves the right to deny entry to any customer, on either a temporary or permanent basis, and shall not be bound to give any reason for that decision, which shall be final and with no recourse to an appeal.
11. Having registered at one casino operated by Grosvenor Casinos (or Grosvenor Casinos (GC) Limited or The Gaming Group Limited), a customer may then enter other casinos owned by Grosvenor Casinos, subject to any restrictions, legal or otherwise, that may be in force at the time. However, customers should be aware of the following:
i. Management at each individual casino reserve the right to refuse admission;
ii. Cheque or debit card facilities in one casino will not automatically be available in any other; and
iii. A customer excluded entry from one casino may also be excluded from one or more other casinos owned by Grosvenor Casinos without any reason being given.
12. Customers whose personal attire is considered unacceptable to management may be refused entry.
13. Grosvenor Casinos cannot be held responsible for the loss of a customer’s property whilst on the premises, whether or not the property has been entrusted to the care of Pier Nine and whether or not the loss arises through negligence or otherwise.
14. In the interest of safety, customers may be asked to offer any luggage, bags, etc. for inspection. Grosvenor Casinos reserves the right to refuse permission for any article to be taken inside the premises.
15. Other than guide dogs and other trained assistance dogs, animals are not allowed into the premises.
16. Customers who allow their registration / loyalty card to be used by any other person to gain entry may themselves be excluded from all casinos operated by Grosvenor Casinos.
17. No customer may use the name of Pier Nine in any form of advertising whatsoever without the permission of Grosvenor Casinos.
18. Cameras or other devices for taking photographs (such as mobile phones) may not be used to take photographs inside the casino area of Pier Nine without the permission of management.
19. For the comfort of all customers, management reserve the right to ask any customer to cease using a mobile phone if they believe it to be distracting other customers or otherwise creating a security concern.
20. No other electronic devices, whether used overtly or covertly, are allowed on the premises without the permission of management.
21. Grosvenor Casinos may share information with other casinos and appropriate third parties about criminal or dishonest acts including collusion, cheating (including obtaining an unfair advantage), fraudulent practice or other unlawful or improper activity.
22. All customers will have their privacy respected. Unwelcome intrusions, such as seeking autographs, are forbidden.
23. Social or personal relationships formed between customers and employees are forbidden outside of the Grosvenor Casinos’ Company’s Fraternisation Policy.
24. Complaints as to the conduct of an employee may be reported to management but may not be the subject of personal reprimand by any customer.
25. Any customer who abuses or threatens either an employee of Grosvenor Casinos or any other customer may be excluded from all casinos operated by Grosvenor Casinos.
Provision of Facilities
26. Only games that can be booked for play at Pier Nine and games of chance specifically permitted by Grosvenor Casinos will be played on these premises.
27. Information on how to play these games of chance will be made available to customers.
28. Information on the house edge relating to all bankers games will be made available to customers.
29. The provision and sale of alcohol on these premises is subject to the hours and conditions applied by the appropriate Premises Licence granted by the Local Authority.
30. A customer may ask to be excluded from the casino for reasons of problem gambling and will then be excluded from all casinos owned by Grosvenor Casinos, Grosvenor Casinos (GC) Limited and The Gaming Group Limited for a period of at least six months.
31. If, despite the reasonable endeavours of Grosvenor Casinos, a self- excluded customer subsequently gains entry to any Grosvenor Casino whilst the exclusion is still in force, Grosvenor Casinos will not be liable for any losses incurred and will not be able to honour any winnings as a result.
32. Any customer funds placed on deposit via the Cash Desk (other than where deposited into your Grosvenor One Account) will not be protected in the event of insolvency and will be forfeited at the discretion of Grosvenor Casinos if not claimed within 90 days.
33. Any slot machine or electronic payment ticket that remains unredeemed and outstanding 30 days after the date of issue will be forfeited at the discretion of management.
34. Any dispute relating to the conduct of gaming will be subject to Grosvenor Casino’s disputes procedure, copies of which are available to customers in the casino.
35. Your privacy is very important to us. We do not sell or rent your personal details.
Grosvenor One Account
37. If you hold a Grosvenor One Account, please also be aware of the Grosvenor One Account Terms and Conditions which are available to inspect at the reception desk or online at grosvenorcasinos.com.
Telephone number: 0800 083 1990
Registered office: Grosvenor Casinos, TOR, Saint Cloud Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 8BN
1.1. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains the basis on which personal information we hold about you in respect of our retail venues will be processed by ourselves and others.
1.2. Our casinos are operated by Grosvenor Casinos Limited, Grosvenor Casinos (GC) Limited and The Gaming Group Limited (together ‘Grosvenor Casinos’). Grosvenor Casinos is the data controller and complies with all applicable data protection laws.
1.3. Grosvenor Casinos is a member of The Rank Group Plc group of companies (‘Rank Group’) which operates gaming venues in Europe and digital gaming sites, including the Bella Casino, Enracha, Luda Bingo and Mecca Bingo brands.
2.1. Personal information is collected during the registration process, from your activity in-Club and when you communicate with us in person or by telephone, e-mail or otherwise (and we may record such communications).
2.2. We may also obtain personal information from third parties such as Experian and public sources, including social media. This may include information to check your age, identity, source of funds and to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
2.3. We may combine some aspects of the information you give to us with the information we collect about you.
2.4. We use CCTV cameras throughout our premises and these may capture images of you while you are there.
2.5. The information you give us or that we may collect may include your name, age, gender, date of birth, image, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank details and other identity and source of funds information.
How we may use that information
2.6. Personal information given by you or collected by us will be used for the purposes listed below. We will only collect and retain it to the extent that it is required for these purposes.
These purposes are to:
2.6.1. create and maintain your account with us and to build up an accurate customer profile of you to deliver our service in our legitimate interests and/or under the agreement between us;
2.6.2. carry out our obligations arising from our agreement, including payment processing.
2.6.3. verify your age, identity and source of funds, undertake checks for risk management and the prevention of fraud for our legitimate interests of ensuring that use of our services is lawful and non-fraudulent and/or to comply with our legal obligations;
2.6.4. notify you about changes to our service for delivering our service under the agreement between us;
2.6.5. provide you, or permit other companies within the Rank Group to provide you, with information, offers, products or services which are similar to or related to those we provide or to contact you for market research purposes. We will only use your information in this way in accordance with laws relating to marketing directly to individuals, and/or in the pursuit of our legitimate interest of marketing our business; and
2.6.6 to disclose it to third parties in accordance with clause 4 below in our legitimate interest and/or for the reasons set out in clause 4.
3.1. You may from time to time be asked to give your consent to your information being used for specific purposes, including marketing.
3.2. If you wish to alter your consent preferences at any time please notify us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to a receptionist. It may take us a short time to action these preferences.
4.1. We may share your personal information with any member of the Rank Group for administrative purposes.
4.2. We may also share your personal information in the manner set out below:
4.2.1. to marketing partners selected by us for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant promotional materials and adverts to you. We will only do this with your consent;
4.2.2. to any third party and their advisors if all or any part of our business or assets is intended to be sold to that third party and the personal information held by us is likely to be one of the assets transferred;
4.2.3. to any legal, regulatory or law enforcement authority to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce our House Terms or to protect the rights, property or safety of Grosvenor Casinos, its customers or others.
4.2.4. to exchange information with third parties to verify your age, identity and source of funds, undertake checks for risk management and the prevention of fraud and to comply with all regulatory requirements. To do so we and our agencies may check your details against any database (public or otherwise), make other enquiries and record, retain, use and disclose such information to others. Our agencies may use your details in the future to assist other companies for similar purposes. These agencies may include C6 Intelligence Information Systems, Experian, GB Group and Kroll Associates;
4.2.5. to our suppliers to the extent required for them to fully perform their services, such as our payment processors and card issuing banks. This may include Barclays Bank;
4.2.6 to our professional advisers;
4.2.7 to other casinos and appropriate third parties about any suspected criminal or dishonest acts including collusion, cheating (including obtaining an unfair advantage), fraudulent practice or other unlawful or improper activity.
- to ask for a copy of your personal information that we are processing and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal information;
- to request a machine-readable copy of your personal information, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
- to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Where we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we have agreements in place with those parties which include standard data protection clauses to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information.
We will cease use of your personal information for marketing purposes no more than two years after your last transaction with us. We typically retain your personal information for seven years from when our relationship ends us to satisfy our regulatory obligations, including anti-money laundering regulations. If we hold any information relating to problem gambling matters or any suspension or termination of your account, we may hold this for a longer period, as we reasonably deem necessary.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions or requests please contact us at:
Telephone number: 0800 083 1990
Registered office: Grosvenor Casinos, TOR, Saint Cloud Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 8BN
Last updated on: 26 May 2018